Offering help form
We are always on the lookout for people to help either on an ad hoc or regular basis. Please contact the Group Scout Leader by email or complete the simple form below.
Details of our ethos and specific vacancies can be found here but everyone is welcome. We train adults too!
We will be delighted to hear from you!
Here are the options:
Want to do your bit but can't commit a lot of time.....
- Join the FOES (Friends of the Eighth) and help with ad-hoc social and fundraising events There are about 6 events through the year that need supporting.
- Join our BBQ team - supporting one of the section activities on the day or to help out at one of our fundraising events. You can help on one or more.
- Want something a bit more fulfilling.....
- Beaver or Cub Section Assistant (Monday, Tuesday or Friday evening)
- Scout Section Assistant (Wednesday, Thursday or Froday evening 5:45 to 8:15pm)
- Explorer Section Assistant (Monday 7-9pm)
- Instruct in something specific e.g. sailing, paddling, biking, first aid, bushcraft
- Swimming sessions during the Michaelmas and Lent Terms - we urgently need life guards and parent support for Beaver, Cub, Scout and Explorer sessions.
Want to help behind the scenes.....
- Group Administrators (Non-scouter role) Help with admin jobs from home or from the HQ.
- Quartermaster and Assistant Quartermasters (Non-scouter roles) Help manage our fleet, equipment and buildings
Depending on your role you may need to undergo an enhanced DBS anbd other personal checks as part of The Scout Association's Appointment Process.